New to the market, composite tail rotor blades available for the Bell 206 series helicopter.
The AMT-206-1 composite tail rotor blade is a direct replacement for the Bell 206 TRB. The AMT-206-1 TRB has a non-symmetrical airfoil section and incorporates a swept tip. The blade is primarily fabricate from uni-directional Graphite and Aramid continuous fibres suspended in an epoxy matrix and is fitted with a nickel abrasion strip on the leading edge. The abrasion strip is bonded on using a urethane adhesive.
- 5,000-hour life
- Significant Noise Reduction, Stage 3 compliant under the ICAO standard
- 30% lower hourly operating costs compared to OEM Blades
- Higher margin of safety due to increased strength
- Replaceable bushings and abrasion strips
- Corrosion resistant and impervious to saltwater
- Improved ground clearance
Tested for Over 51m Cycles!
The AMT-206-1 composite blade is a life limited, flight critical component and as such it is necessary to track its service history. This is accomplished by the use of a Blade Log CTRB-F19 (History Card) supplied with the blade by A.M.T. Helicopters Pty Ltd at the initial time of purchase.
|Flight Manual Supplement||Installation & Maintenance Manual||APMA||STC|
The manufacturer offers a life time warranty against manufacturing and material defects on its composite tail rotor blades. The warranty excludes erosion and normal wear.